Saturday, December 6, 2014

Day 6: A Miscellany

Today is going to be a short post, because I have ALL of the things to do. My laundry, for instance, will be done in a few minutes (I prioritized that because clean clothes are generally preferable at work). But I wanted to get this done first off so that I wouldn't be freaking out about it for the rest of the day.

First off, I found this in my reading today:
"Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." 1 Peter 3:13-16, NIV

I was always taught to "always be prepared to give an answer" as a kid. I just came across that and had a thought about how many Christians miss the bit where Peter (not known as the most tactful human being ever) straight up says, "But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience..." Why Peter? Why would we want to speak respectfully to those who challenge us? "So that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." Instead of, you know, making everyone else around you who shares your beliefs ashamed of your representation of God.

[/sermon]

In other news, I've been running across more and more BuzzFeed videos in my news feed... Mostly because I started liking a few of them on Facebook and Facebook, seeing my activity flooded my newsfeed with them. But I don't mind, yet. They're mostly entertaining, and some of them are even educational, and they're short enough to fit my "internet attention span" which is different from my say, "addictive video game attention span" or, "super good book, oh wait it's 1 am? attention span." So here are a couple that I watched this week that were amusing to me:

Americans Taste Test Japanese Kit Kats Part 1 and Part 2

An opera singer recanting one celebrity's tweets.

I think that's all for me today. Now I need to go do all the things. Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I shall leave you with this picture of a duck in a cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment