Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 19: British Happiness

Those who know me know that I have a definite thing for British history and culture in general. It started as a deep love of accents, escalated into me watching history documentaries for fun (because I'm that kind of nerd) and culminated in me discovering that British literature is altogether less rage-inducing for me than American literature. Also, their TV and movies are just spectacular.

So, since today is a Long Day for a number of reasons, this is my super short blog post about various aspects of British culture. With the help of Siobhan Thompson, of BBC America's Anglophenia. Because she's hilariously awesome.

I mentioned accents, right? She's great.


Because "Thick As..." is my new favorite insult.

Barbs from the Bard!

Flaming desserts. I know, right?

And finally, TV really is better in Britain and America knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment