Saturday, December 10, 2016

Rest (Really)

You know what I love? Sleep. I really love sleep. Sleep and I, we get on great. Especially last night. I woke up this morning, not quite bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, but definitely less zombie-esque than pretty much this whole week.

Does this mean I know what to write about today? Absolutely not. My brain is still in recovery mode, a necessary stage before I can process any topic at a higher level. Expect a lot of long, deep posts from me in like... a week and a half or so, when I'm done with most of the madness and will have time to process the magnitude of everything that's happened this year.

I have dedicated the rest of the day to soccer, because not only do I have my girls game at 1 pm, I told the guys in one of my senior classes that I'd go to their game which is at 7... So rainproof clothes are my friend. California has decided that weather is a thing that we should probably have now, finally.

Also, in between games I should probably dedicate time to my next task, trying to create innovative ways to teach about figurative language that differs from the "fill in a worksheet" model... or maybe more accurately, Googling innovative ways to  teach about figurative language because as much as I would like to create my own stuff, my time to do so is a little lacking.

In the meantime, I'm going to go back to thinking about nothing right now. Get that last little bit of real rest in before having to leave the house and be an adult again.

Until tomorrow.

1 comment: