Sunday, December 4, 2016

Of Kittens and Couches

I've realized that the last two posts have ended without a real point, or reasoning for why I tied all those thoughts together. Mostly because the addition of caroling to my weekends (first post) makes my insane schedule even crazier, for all that it makes me money, provides some fun, and is good leadership experience when I'm singing gigs where I'm the defacto leader by virtue of experience and knowledge of the music. 

Then that leads to extra exhaustion (second post), because not only am I expending the energy of performing, but I'm also doing super fun things like sleeping on my parent's couch. The couch is not like, my favorite couch in the world. It is designed to be sat on in the specific sections, not slept on length-wise. It also puts me in the middle of all the hub bub of six people on diverse schedules, two dogs, five resident cats, and one foster kitten who spends the night in a crate in the living room being very loudly sad that he cannot be out wandering the house and sleeping on top of me. 

I'm still trying to figure out if I get more or less rest during the week, where my sleeping schedule has degraded to around 6-7 hours a night, waking up at 5 am when my poor night owl body is still very happy being in bed. It's kinda a toss-up, honestly.

Thankfully, the next couple of weekends I'm just singing Sundays because I have places to be on those Saturdays. Which simply means long driving days, which I can handle. 

And now it is time to start getting ready for gig #3 on the weekend. And driving home after that, to hopefully get a reasonable amount of sleep in my quiet, comfortable bed.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment